I find myself being unhappy over stupid things even though I'm happy. Does anyone else do that. I've been mad at Josh since my birthday and I have been giving him a hard time over everything he does even if it isn't a big deal. I guess it's time for me to forgive him and move on. My life is better then I ever could have imagined it. I was reading in my journal yesterday and it helped me to remember what is important to me. I was reading about when I was at the police academy and I was trying to talk myself into staying. I was telling myself I only wanted to leave because I was scared, I had always wanted to be a police officer. I would then say how much I wanted to have a family and be home to talk care of my family. How sad I was for missing things Ethan was doing. It was at this time in my life that I knew how I really wanted to live. I wanted to live just like I am living now. At home with two beautiful children and a husband who loves us. Heavenly Father has blessed me so much and lead me in a direction I didn't think I wanted growing up. In RS today we talked about where we came from and people were talking about their grandparents. It made me think of my sister in law Keeley and her post on her grandparents and how she hopes Andrew and her will still be in love at that age. What a life to live and to be in love for that long through the good and the bad. What would that be like? I remember watching my grandpa when my grandma was still alive but having a hard time remembering who and were she was. it was so sad to see and I tried to avoid it. He lived for one year and 6 days with a broken heart when she died. I can't fathom the pain he went through. My parents have been married for 35 years and still go on dates. These are couples who love each other and don't let the little things bother them. Why am I holding Josh to these standards which no one could reach? My journal talks about how much I love him and want to spend my life with him, I guess I just needed these reminders to remind me that Josh is the love of my life, that he would do anything for me and I should do anything for him. It's time for me to forget about my birthday and think about everything he does do for me. It's time for me to be happy because there is nothing for me to be unhappy about. That's my goal for the week--BE HAPPY!!! it's not that hard. I challange each of us to try for one week to be happy and not allow things to bother us, be peacemakers, avoid gossip, enjoy the time we spend with our family.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
Katie, I think it must be somthing in the air because I know so many people right now that just "aren't happy," and they don't really know why. Your tough though, keep your head up! :)
Post a Comment