We are back and finally settled back in from our 2 weeks a freedom from work!!! It was a blast and, yes, Josh and I are still married even after all that driving! 3,000 miles!!!! :-) It started with Josh getting home from work at 2 am and me only sleeping for 1 hour because of Jax then we got in the car for a very long drive. We switched seats often because of how tired we were and got to Battle Mtn. to visit Todd's family at about 10:30 ish. We left there and made it to my aunt Lisa's house in Utah at about 6 pm. Long day of driving for Josh and I and a long day of sitting for the kids. We stayed at my Grandma's house that night then headed to Bear Lake for 3 days. The weather was great and we took the jet skis out a few times. Josh and Ethan golfed both days with my dad and his family. We then headed to Malad for a day of my dad's family. They are one funny group. Then back to Utah. I was able to see an old friend from high school who I hadn't seen since high school, Jo. Even though I have packed on 25 lbs since I saw her last she seemed to recognize and we talked like no time had passed (other then we were only talking about catching up with each others lives). Sunday was spent with my mom's family celebrating the safe return of my cousin Keli from her mission. Monday we started our long drive home through Boise. I had to see my two long time friends there at Ginger's house. Cassidy flew in from San Fran and we spent the day together. Josh watched the kids and we made fun of ourselves. It was great. We tried to make the rest of the long drive home that night so I could work the next day but only made it to Burns OR. It was a fight for who was going to drive because of how tired we both were. We spent one full day at home (Josh's birthday) packing for our family trip with Josh's family to Humbug OR. We do it every year. It was great because there were 45 people in our group. That is hard to cook for but everyone did it without complaints. (I didn't complain because Josh did all of it) We spent 2 days there with good weather then on the 3 it started to rain. It rained a lot. Josh and I packed up the kids and left the camp site and drove trying to find fun stuff to do. We found another beautiful camp site and a place to drive our car on the sand (Josh's idea of fun). We then went to a zoo type place were a lot of the animals walk around with you. We were able to hold and pet a 6 week old lion cub, wallaby, white skunk, and many other cool animals. It was well worth the money spent. We we returned to camp everyone decided to call it quits to camping the rest of the time because everything was so wet. It would have been miserable. And that ended our family vacations. I can't wait until next year to do it again!!! I did take some pics and will post them once I bring my camera in from the car :-)
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Can't wait to see the photos. You are a saint to ride and talk to Josh for that long! JK, Josh.
Wo what a trip! I think the best part was when you got to see me...okay best for me:) It was so wonderful and made me want to live closer to you! You are a gem, love ya
Kate... look at your beautifull family!! i don't think i have seen ya for 10 years, my brother still talks about my hot friend "KATE" glad i ran into your blog:)
Post a Comment